Friday, May 2, 2008

Un-conditioning

I'm a recovering corporate cog. I am inventing my own twelve step program on how to recover from 10 years of corporate conditioning. I have never kept a journal, been too fond of writing emails, or answering/ returning phone calls, but for some reason am excited about having a blog. The last 10 years have been focused on making money, for both other people, and myself. That's about a third of my life. And this blog is a way for me to turn my focus toward higher, deeper, and more profound concers. Those things that give meaning and purpose to life.

Periodically, I have seen glimpses of a higher self emerge. This higher self is not unique to me, though. I think it is an expression of something mysterious that we all have in common. Usually, when I am deeply focused on what I consider to be a fusion of mind, heart, and body I perceive something which I cannot yet articulate. The urge to reflect, articulate, and communicate this has led me here. I hope to find like minded people who are interested in sharing their experiences.

Oh, and by the way, I have more free time on my hands because I am going to be laid off in the near future. More on this later.

Namaste,
Gattosan

No comments: